Straying from tradition isn't for everyone, but when done in fun, subtle ways it can easily transform your wedding from cookie-cutter to jaw-droppingly unique. Cake toppers are the perfect way to add some personality and flare into your big day without going over the top.
Below, we've collected the prettiest, most unique cake topper ideas around. Get inspired now:
1. Traditional bride and groom cake toppers, done un-traditionally.
Polaroid: DIY Network | Shadow Figures: Hot Chocolates Blog | Balloon Bride and Groom: Wedding Star
· A funky polaroid cake topper is perfect for a modern bride looking for something unconventional. Mimic this bride and groom or create your own pose!
· Stunning shadow figures are flawlessly elegant and come in many different shapes and themes making it a fabulous choice for any style of wedding.
· Adorable bride and groom figurines in anything-but-traditional poses are both fun and personal. Look for a bride and groom that resemble you and your future hubby for an extra unique touch.
2. Woodland Animals
Birds: Wedding Bells | Bunnies: Ruffled Blog | Deer: Etsy
· There's nothing more adorably rustic than woodland creatures atop your wedding cake! Lovebirds are a classic, romantic choice and a perfect addition to any cake.
· Porcelain bunnies lend a romantic, whimsical touch to an otherwise modern confection like this one. Keep the rest of your dessert table clean and simple for an elegant, rather than kitschy-looking tablescape.
· Rustic deer are an obvious choice for a woodsy affair. Choose elegant cake colours and soft details to get a rustic-chic vibe.
3. Words and Letters
“Love” Cake Topper: Etsy | Initials: The Plunge Project | Bunting: Green Wedding Shoes
· Simple and elegant cursive words help give an unfinished cake like this one a vintage feel. Add flowers and a simple cake stand and watch guests swoon.
· Wooden initials are ultra rustic but look pretty and romantic when set atop a simple white cake.
· Beautiful bunting cake toppers are a great DIY project for you and your bridesmaids. Incorporate your wedding colours or theme into the topper for an extra personal touch.
Bike: Project Wedding | States: Pop Sugar | Paper Hearts: Wedding Chicks
· Love bike riding? Incorporate hobbies you and your soon-to-be groom enjoy doing together into your cake topper. The look is fun, romantic and super personal.
· If you and your future spouse are from different places, this cake topper is the perfect choice!
· Whimsical paper hearts are charming and romantic and look flawless atop a vintage-looking all-white cake.
What kind of cake topper are you going to use?